The Controlled Arch Functional Orthodontics & Maxillofacial Orthopedics Course 2015-2016
Controlled Arch Therapy is a very simple, predictable & reproducible Orthodontic & Orthopedic system.
Orthodontics has been a very respectable specialty among the public &
professionals. There are many patients, children & adult are seeking the needed quality Orthodontic treatment. In the Far East dental crowding is a norm rather than an exception. Malocclusion & under development of facial structures are mainly due to misdiagnosis & late intervention in our part. Traditional Orthodontic treatment adopted the wait & see approach that miss the golden opportunity of the natural facial growth & development. The Traditional Straight Wire technique inadequacies causing too many unsatisfactory results & lengthy treatment time.
It is not uncommon to see many patients who had braces when younger have flat cheeks & faces, retruded mandible, temporomandibular dysfunction, unsupported lips, small mouth aperture, atypical swallowing and unattractive smile… to name a few. That is the main reason that Controlled Arch Therapy was developed in an attempt to overcome the above mentioned pitfalls. Not only can it allow a better control of teeth movement & bone remodeling, it also facilitates a functional alteration of neuromuscular re- adaptation which in turns reduce common
Controlled Arch Therapy (C.A.T.) has a simple & yet efficient sequence of mechanics which offers a greater saving in treatment time. The ultimate goal in Controlled Arch Therapy is a balanced functional occlusion with a good looking
face which is in synchronization with the natural growth direction. The ability of expanding the dental arches allows a better facial profile and more esthetic lip support, and avoids the devastating teeth extraction in traditional Orthodontic techniques.
Stability & retention are the common unpredictable factors in traditional fixed Orthodontic treatment. Extraction of 4 bicuspids is a common injurious procedure to cure the dental crowding issue. In modern Orthodontic treatment the main goals are guiding the craniofacial growth & development to achieve a balance esthetic facial profile with a functional occlusion. Controlled Arch therapy differs in a simpler mechanic and allowing mandibular repositioning which indirectly helping the TMJ functioning & a better airway.
In most cases, it can be accomplished by 2-3 wires and treatment time can be shorter & resulting in more stable & esthetic result. Arch wire bending, head gears, lip bumper, intrusion arch, TAD…etc. are not necessary. The mechanic is universal applicable for all classes of malocclusion & any common Orthodontic brackets & instruments can be utilized.
CAT can be used in a pre-prosthetic preparation for cosmetic veneers, implant site development or full mouth reconstruction, yielding more dental spaces, a better occlusal plane & increased vertical dimension of occlusion.
If you have been doing Orthodontic & case finishing is an issue, this technique will get this frustration out of your daily practice. For the novice this will give you the confidence in doing Orthodontic in a fast predictable fashion. The learning curve is surprisingly less deep as compare with traditional Orthodontics. Come to see what Controlled Arch Therapy can do for you & your patients. The way you look at dentistry will never be the same!!
The Advantages of the Controlled Arch Functional Orthodontics & Maxillofacial Orthopedics Course 2015-2016:-
1) “Pure” Teaching, Not Sales Guided Teaching
2) “Mentoring” Instruction
3) Long term follow up case will be shown during the courses.
4) Small Intimate Class
5) Fixed Venue
6) State-of-the-Art Multimedia Classroom
7) All Day “Full – Immersion” Learning
8) We will support the course participants through post course study clubs and the whole course will be video taped for the participants to review at a minimal cost
9) Private consultation will be available for dentists who face problems of their orthodontic cases.
10) We will provide specially discounted orthodontic products and instruments for the course participants.
In this course you will learn:
1. Contemporary clinical examination & diagnostic techniques that you never learn in school
2. Classification of malocclusion & nomenclature
3. Data gathering & record keeping
4. Etiology of malocclusion & cranial facial growth
5. Functional & development appliances designs & applications
6. Myofunctional appliances in Orthodontics
7. Functional smile design & application
8. Professional dental photography that supports your diagnosis & documentation. It surely elevates your case acceptance to a whole new level.
9. Neuromuscular orientated occlusal concept & management in general dentistry
10. Temporomandibular dysfunctions etiology & treatment
11. Posture, airway & facial structure development connection.
12. Bruxism & obstructive sleep apnea etiology and treatment
13. Modified Sassouni-Plus Cephalometric analysis & computer assisted Visual Treatment Objective (VTO) hands-on
14. Treatment planning & VTO
15. C.A.T.- physiologic & functional principles
16. Introduction of Orthodontic armamentarium
17. Material sciences of wires, brackets, elastics, accessories & composite
18. Hands on direct & indirect bracketing/banding
19. Treatment presentation of Class I,II III
20. Open bite, deep overbite & cross bite correction
21. Mandibular advancement & rotation
22. Gummy smile management
23. Canted Occlusal plane correction
24. Case finishing techniques
25. Retention theories & strategies
26. Elastomeric finisher
27. Minor tooth movement with clear aligners
28. Fixed Vs removable retainers
29. Orthodontic coordination in cosmetic, restorative & implant dentistry
Date and Time:
Course 1 — 7, 8 & 9 June, 2015 (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday) 9:00am – 5:45pm
Course 2 — 13, 14 & 15 September, 2015 (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday) 9:00am – 5:45pm
Course 3 — 8, 9 & 10 November, 2015 (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday) 9:00am – 5:45pm
Course 4 — 10, 11 & 12 January, 2016 (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday) 9:00am – 5:45pm
Course 5 — 6, 7 & 8 March, 2016 (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday) 9:00am – 5:45pm
Language : English
CME points : NONE
No of attendees: 24
G/F, Shop C1 & Cockloft, Shun King Bldg.,
101 Tam Kung Rd., Tokwawan, Hong Kong